Associate Professor, Edward I. Weisiger Distinguished Scholar
- Mann Hall 211
- Visit My Website
Dr. Min Liu is an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering at North Carolina State University. She received a Ph.D. degree in Engineering Project Management from University of California, Berkeley in 2007.
University of California, Berkeley
National University of Singapore
Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology
Tsingdao Institute of Architecture and Engineering
Dr. Liu's research interests include performance and productivity improvement, lean construction (project-based production management for the architecture-engineering-construction industry), and international project management. Current research projects include 1) Identifying, Prioritizing, and Reducing Causes of Variation in Construction Activity Planning, 2) Quantifying the Impact of Change from Project Authorization through Start-up, 3) Cost and Benefit Trade-off Study for Field BIM Application, 4) Global Perspectives on Project, Program, and Portfolio Management in Government, and 5) Preliminary Engineering Cost Estimation for Highway Construction.
- Benefit of cooperation among subcontractors in performing high-reliable planning
- Javanmardi, A., Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Liu, M., & Hsiang, S. M. (2018), Journal of Management in Engineering, 34(2).
- Investigating the cost-benefit trade-off of additional planning using parade game simulation
- Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Liu, M., & Howell, G. (2018), Journal of Management in Engineering, 34(2).
- Social network conformity and construction work plan reliability
- Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Liu, M., & Hsiang, S. M. (2017), Automation in Construction, 78, 1–12.
- "Oops" simulation: Cost-benefits trade-off analysis of reliable planning for construction activities
- Hajifathalian, K., Howell, G., Wambeke, B. W., Hsiang, S. M., & Liu, M. (2016), Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 142(8).
- Analysis of workflow variability's impacts on trade and project performance
- Javanmardi, A., Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Liu, M., & Hsiang, S. M. (2016). Analysis of workflow variability’s impacts on trade and project performance. In Icsdec 2016 - integrating data science, construction and sustainability (Vol. 145, pp. 281–287),
- Effects of idle time restrictions on excess pollution from construction equipment
- Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Leming, M. L., & Liu, M. (2016), Journal of Management in Engineering, 32(2).
- Planning for uncertainty: Use of structural equation modelling to determine the causal structure of time buffer allocation
- Russell, M. M., Liu, M., & Hsiang, S. M. (2016), Construction Management and Economics, 33(10), 783–798.
- What impacts the performance of large-scale government projects?
- Patanakul, P., Kwak, Y. H., Zwikael, O., & Liu, M. (2016), International Journal of Project Management, 34(3), 452–466.
- Case studies of the allocation and reduction of time buffer through use of the last planner system
- Russell, M. M., Liu, M., Howell, G., & Hsiang, S. M. (2015), Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 141(2).
- Comparison of least-cost and least-pollution equipment fleet configurations using computer simulation
- Abbasian-Hosseini, S. A., Liu, M., & Leming, M. (2015), Journal of Management in Engineering, 31(6).
- How to Account for Seasonal Population Shifts in Distributing the Powell Bill Allocation Funds
- NC Department of Transportation(8/01/18 - 12/31/19)
- Breaking through to Collaborative Scheduling: Approaches and Obstacles
- Construction Industry Institute(5/11/16 - 10/27/16)
- Design of A Construction Expenditure Forecasting and Monitoring Tool for NCDOT Mega Projects
- NC Department of Transportation(10/01/14 - 6/30/15)
- Using Simulation to Explore the Investment in Planning by Project Teams
- Lean Construction Institute (LCI)(9/01/13 - 8/31/14)
- Evaluation of Vela Systems to Increase Worker Productivity and Field Efficiency
- Skanska USA Building Inc.(6/01/11 - 12/31/11)
- Project, Program, and Portfolio Management in Government: Application and Performance
- Project Management Institute(1/01/11 - 6/30/13)
- Quantifying the Impact of Change from Project Authorization to Start-Up
- University of Texas - Austin(9/01/10 - 11/30/13)
- Evaluation of the Cost Benefit Trade off for Vela Implementation
- Skanska USA Building Inc.(8/16/10 - 5/31/11)
- Preliminary Engineering Cost Trends for Highway Projects
- NC Department of Transportation(8/16/09 - 12/31/10)