A Best-Value Proposition
At NC State, you’ll be part of a university that is nationally and internationally ranked for its academic programs and research opportunities.
- Our department is one of the largest civil engineering departments in the U.S.
- Our engineering programs are first in North Carolina and top-ranked nationally.
- Over 1000 students are enrolled in our graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Our faculty are active in research. It inspires their teaching and your learning.
NC State is consistently ranked one of the top values in higher education. Value is where quality and affordability meet.
Undergraduate Programs (Bachelor of Science degrees)
We are proud of our high-quality undergraduate programs. We invite the best and the brightest to apply, and we mentor each student individually through graduation. Our students have many opportunities for professional growth, including undergraduate research, co-op work experience, study abroad, and membership in professional societies.
Application for admission to NC State is handled at the university level. Once admitted and enrolled, students apply to join the CCEE department by meeting the College of Engineering’s Change of Degree Application (CODA) requirements.
What is the process?
When do I apply?
Graduate Programs (Master’s and Ph.D. degrees)
Our graduate programs offer research degrees with graduate assistantships at the master’s and Ph.D. levels, with the opportunity to specialize in a wide range of areas in civil and environmental engineering. We also offer a non-thesis master’s degree and are a leader in distance education. Students can earn a Master of Civil Engineering or Master of Environmental Engineering degree without ever setting foot on campus.
Application to NC State is handled at the university level by The Graduate School. In addition, please follow the department’s CCEE Graduate Admission procedures to be considered for admission into one of its master’s or Ph.D. programs.
When do I apply?
Find a field of study
What else adds value?
- Cooperative Education (Co-op) and Internships to work in the profession while getting your degree.
- Engineering Career Fair to find your future employer.
- Order of the Engineer to join the professional engineering community.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License for added certification
- Student Organizations to engage outside the classroom.
- Study Abroad for global exposure and understanding.
- Centennial Campus, CCEE’s future home on NCSU’s research campus.
- Research Triangle Park (RTP) for university + industry collaboration.
- NCSU Libraries | Triangle Research Libraries | Hunt Library because “the only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” Albert Einstein
Can I afford it?
NC State is one of the most affordable universities in the U.S. with the numbers to back it up: #18 Best Value Public Colleges, Kiplinger’s, #25 Best Value College, Forbes, Top 100 Best National Universities, U.S. News. We know that money is a big part of your planning, and we have some resources to help.
Visit us. Learn more.
Future Graduate Students
Learn more about NC State Admissions.