The Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering offers undergraduate degrees in civil engineering, construction engineering, and environmental engineering. It also offers graduate programs in computing and systems, construction engineering, environmental water resources and coastal engineering, mechanics and materials, structural engineering and mechanics, transportation systems and materials, and geotechnical/geoenvironmental engineering.
We are a community of scholars:
- Our primary purpose is to understand the world more deeply and to creatively use that understanding to better the human condition by improving infrastructure, human health, and the environment.
Diversity makes us stronger:
- Our understanding is deepened and our creativity enhanced by different points of view.
- People from all backgrounds and walks of life are welcome in CCEE.
We respect everyone:
- No one should be made to feel unwelcome or unsafe for any reason, including but not limited to: their ethnic or racial background, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, language, religion, disability, familial status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, age, or political beliefs.
- As a community of scholars, we support one another and are able to discuss difficult and controversial issues with intellect and compassion.
We are the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering.
The mission of the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering is to provide:
- High-quality undergraduate programs that continually incorporate advances in civil, construction, and environmental engineering technology.
- Post-baccalaureate educational programs to satisfy the increasing need for highly educated engineers in various specialty areas of civil, construction, and environmental engineering.
- Research activities consistent with the responsibilities of a research institution to develop new technology for the solution of emerging problems and to support programs of graduate education.
- Extension and public service activities through the development of professional technical assistance and continuing education programs.
“With 48 faculty, 754 undergraduate and 336 graduate students, NC State University’s Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering is one of the largest departments in the country and, more importantly, one of the best.”
Learn More about CCEE
Our Videos and News
- Introduction to the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources and Environmental | Computing and Systems
- Construction | Structural | Transportation | Mechanics and Materials | Geotechnical
- E102 Presentation on Impact of Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineers
Our students graduate with a strong commitment to their new professions. Many also retain close ties to the department in order to forge professional relationships, continue their education, and reconnect to college life. NC State engineering degrees helped our alums find employment, but not just for themselves. They also hire our graduates and provide opportunities that expose our students to the profession.
We have many alumni whose children, and children’s children, come to NC State, knowing that we provide one of the best educations available. We do a good job preparing students for the workplace, and our alums are the proof. Our Distinguished Engineering Alumnus Award recipients are proof positive.
We are grateful to CCEE alumni who continue this beneficial cycle of academic and professional success. We try to keep up with their news (e.g., career accomplishments, awards, recognitions, marriage, births, retirement) so we can share it in future issues of our newsletters and on the website.