Akhtar Tayebali, PhD, PE
- Mann Hall 411
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Berkeley
University of Regina-Saskatchewan
Indian Institute of Technology-Powai
Dr. Tayebali is interested in pavement materials, pavement design and rehabilitation, performance based mix design and analysis systems for conventional and modified bituminous mixes.
- Laboratory evaluation of workability and moisture susceptibility of warm-mix asphalt mixtures containing recycled asphalt pavements
- Kusam, A., Malladi, H., Tayebali, A. A., & Khosla, N. P. (2017), Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 29(5).
- A mechanistic approach to evaluate the potential of the debonding distress in asphalt pavements
- Cho, S. H., Karshenas, A., Tayebali, A. A., Guddati, M. N., & Kim, Y. R. (2017), International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 18(12), 1098–1110.
- Laboratory evaluation of warm-mix asphalt mixtures for moisture and rutting susceptibility
- Malladi, H., Ayyala, D., Tayebali, A. A., & Khosla, N. P. (2015), Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 27(5).
- Evaluation of warm mix asphalt technology for surface mixtures
- Ayyala, D., Malladi, H., Khosla, N. P., & Tayebali, A. A. (2014), (pp. 701–708).
- Importance of normal confinement to shear bond failure of interface in multi layer asphalt pavements
- Karshenas, A., Cho, S. H., Tayebali, A. A., Guddati, M. N., & Kim, Y. R. (2014), Transportation Research Record, (2456), 170–177.
- Effects of higher percentage of recycled asphalt pavement on pavement performance
- Visintine, B., Khosla, N. P., & Tayebali, A. (2013), Road Materials and Pavement Design, 14(2), 432–437.
- Gradation effects on the mechanical response of crushed stone aggregate
- Cunningham, C. N., Evans, T. M., & Tayebali, A. A. (2013), International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 14(3), 231–241.
- Quantifying the greenhouse gas emission reductions associated with recycling hot mix asphalt
- Levis, J. W., Barlaz, M. A., Tayebali, A., & Ranjithan, S. R. (2011), Road Materials and Pavement Design, 12(1), 57–77.
- A procedure to quantify organic antistrip additives in asphalt binders and mixes
- Chen, C., Tayebali, A. A., & Knappe, D. R. U. (2006), Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 34(4), 269–274.
- Development of a procedure to determine the effectiveness of asphalt-removing solvents
- Kulkarni, M., Xu, Q. X., & Tayebali, A. (2003), Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 31(5), 429–437.
- Use of Moisture-Induced Stress Test (MIST) to Determine Moisture Sensitivity of Asphalt Mixtures
- NC Department of Transportation(8/01/16 - 7/31/19)
- Effectiveness of TSR Test in Evaluating Moisture Sensitivity of WMA Mixes
- NC Department of Transportation(8/16/13 - 6/30/16)
- Surface Layer Bond Stresses and Strength
- NC Department of Transportation(8/16/12 - 10/15/14)
- Impact of WMA Technology on the Use of RAP Mixtures in NC
- NC Department of Transportation(8/16/12 - 5/15/15)
- An Evaluation of Warm Mix Asphalt Technologies for NCDOT Mixes
- NC Department of Transportation(8/16/10 - 6/30/13)
- Effect of Gradation on Predicted Performance of Aggregate Base Course
- NC Department of Transportation(1/01/08 - 6/30/09)
- Effect of Prolonged Heating on the Asphalt-Aggregate Bond Strength of HMA Containing Liquid Antistrip Additives
- NC Department of Transportation(7/01/06 - 6/30/08)
- Fatigue Characterization of PMI Asphalt Mixtures
- Petrochem Marketing, Inc.(9/15/05 - 12/15/05)