- Mann Hall 300
University of California, Berkeley
University of Colorado
Dr. Matzen is interested in experimental, numerical, and theoretical analysis structures; structural vibrations.
- The nonlinear behavior of threaded piping connections: Application using a modified Ramberg-Osgood model
- Ryu, Y. H. E., & Matzen, V. C. (2016), Ocean Engineering, 127, 1–6.
- Inelastic behavior of threaded piping connections: Reconciliation of experimental and analytic results
- Ryu, Y., Behrouzi, A., Melesse, T., & Matzen, V. C. (2012), (pp. 357–362).
- Special section: The international conferences on structural mechanics in reactor technology (SMiRT) preface
- Matzen, V. C., & Hassan, Y. A. (2011), Nuclear Engineering and Design, 241(3), 547–547.
- Computational framework for remotely operable laboratories
- Kripakaran, P., Gupta, A., & Matzen, V. C. (2008), Engineering With Computers, 24(4), 405–415. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00366-008-0089-y
- Internet-enabled remote observation and control of a shake table experiment
- Wirgau, S., Gupta, A., & Matzen, V. (2006), Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 20(4), 271–280. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3801(2006)20:4(271)
- Alternatives in the implementation of internet-enabled laboratory experiments in undergraduate civil engineering courses
- Gupta, A., Gabr, M. A., & Matzen, V. C. (2004), In ASEE 2004 annual conference & exposition$h[electronic resource] :June 20-23, 2004, Salt Lake City, Utah : Engineering education reaches new heights : conference proceedings.
- SMiRT 16 - Selected and updated papers from the 16th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology - Washington, DC - Preface
- Matzen, V. C. (2004), Nuclear Engineering and Design, 228(03-Jan), 1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2003.09.004
- Correlation of in-plane bending test and FEA results for thin- walled elbows
- Tan, Y., & Matzen, V. (2002), Nuclear Engineering and Design, 217(1-2), 21–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(02)00137-1
- Correlation of test and FEA results for elbows subjected to out-of-plane loading
- Tan, Y., Wilkins, K., & Matzen, V. (2002), Nuclear Engineering and Design, 217(3), 213–224. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(02)00132-2
- Correlation of test and FEA results for the nonlinear behavior of straight pipes and elbows
- Tan, Y., Matzen, V. C., & Yu, L. X. (2002), Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 124(4), 465–475. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1493806
- Assistance for SMiRT 19
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission(3/28/07 - 8/17/07)
- LDRD: Modeling the Impact and Blast Performance of Fiber Reinforced Concrete Structures
- US Dept. of Energy (DOE)(1/17/07 - 9/30/07)