CCEE will be rallying together alumni, faculty, staff members and friends for NC State University’s fourth annual Day of Giving on March 23. The department, along with NC State College of Engineering’s nine academic departments, will be competing to receive the most gifts on Day of Giving to win an additional share of $15,000 in prize money from Dean Louis Martin-Vega.
Day of Giving is a 24-hour event that supports the University’s world-class research and improves existing programs while developing new opportunities for students. Here is the link to CCEE’s personal page: go.ncsu.edu/cceedog2022
Alumni and friends of CCEE are also encouraged to tune in to participate in extra challenges that can help their gifts go even further.
Here are a few social media challenges this Day of Giving:
- Day of Giving Video Share Challenge (Facebook): From March 16-22, help us raise awareness leading up to the big day by posting the NC State Day of Giving video directly from the CCEE Facebook page. The college, program or fund whose video post receives the most shares before March 23 will win an additional $3,000.
- Hashtag Match (Twitter): 1 tweet = $10. Every tweet that tags #GivingPack counts as a $10 gift until the full $6,000 is accounted for. Beginning at 12:01 a.m., tweet something you love about NC State, use the #GivingPack hashtag and tag @NCStateCCEE to add $10 extra to the department’s total. If the department receives the most mentions when the challenge threshold is reached, CCEE will earn an additional $2,000.
- One Wolfpack Challenge (Twitter, Instagram): We’re all One Wolfpack. Starting at 10 a.m., post a photo of yourself or your Pack repping NC State gear, and use the hashtag #GivingPack. Get creative and tell us the story of your photo! Participate on Twitter and Instagram by using #GivingPack and mentioning @NCStateCCEE. You can also participate on Instagram Stories by tagging @NCState and using the hashtag #GivingPack along with mentioning @NCStateCCEE. Two winners will earn an extra $1,000 each for their favorite college/unit.
- Pack Pets Challenge (Twitter, Instagram): Do your pets back the Pack? From 7 to 11:59 p.m., post a photo on Twitter or Instagram of your pet in Wolfpack gear using #GivingPack and tag #NCStateCCEE and/or @NCStateCCEE for a chance to help the department win an extra $1,000. On Instagram Stories, make sure to tag @NCState too so your entry is counted.
More giving challenges:
- Most Alumni Gifts Challenge: The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Gather fellow alumni to give to the area you’re most passionate about between 1 and 2 p.m., and potentially earn CCEE a bonus $1,000.
- Faculty Staff Challenge: Our faculty and staff are some of the most enthusiastic members of the Wolfpack, so we have a challenge just for them. If CCEE has the most employee gifts between 2 and 3 p.m., the department will win this challenge for $1,000!
- Most Young Alumni Gifts Challenge: If you graduated from CCEE in the last 10 years (graduates from any classes between 2011 and 2021), this is the challenge for you! The area with the most gifts from young alumni between 3 and 4 p.m. will receive an extra $1,000.
On Day of Giving, gifts can be made at go.ncsu.edu/cceedog2022. Beyond making gifts, spreading the word on social media will also be an important part of making the day a success — so be sure to tag CCEE at @NCStateCCEE on Twitter and Instagram, Civil, Construction, & Environmental Engineering Department – NCSU on Facebook and NC State Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering on LinkedIn.
Last year, The College of Engineering raised more than $6 million from 1,615 gifts. AND CCEE was declared the winner of the College of Engineering Leaderboard with 234 gifts which totaled nearly $100,000. The university raised $58 million with more than 14,000 gifts, setting a national record for dollars raised during a college or university giving day, according to the consulting firm State of Wow. More information is available on the Day of Giving FAQ page.