- This event has passed.
2022 Structural Engineering & Mechanics (SEM) Graduate Research Symposium
February 25 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
2022 Structural Engineering and Mechanics Graduate Research Symposium
This annual event is “engineered” to highlight the amazing research you all do here in CCEE at NCSU!
In lieu of the ongoing pandemic, the SEM Symposium will again be held virtually (Zoom meeting info below).
- Please register for the symposium (attending or presenting) by January 21st by filling out the information in the online form at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeapwlk4AZJB0LzZWe0ncQ69teBtOqvrI8ir1cf0Tp6E3KheA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- If you are presenting, abstracts are due February 4th by 5pm EST. Please upload your abstract to the shared Google Drive Folder with the filename “Lastname_Firstname.”
- You will find an abstract template attached to this email. This includes a one-page, 150-200 word written abstract along with a graphical abstract to convey the overarching theme/topic of your research presentation. Please include up to 5 keywords so we can determine the most appropriate session for your talk.
- NOTES: (Attendance): All MS/PhD students are required to attend and MCE students are encouraged to attend. (Presenting): According to the SEM graduate advising guidelines, MS students are required to present at least once and PhD students at least twice prior to graduation. (Course Registering): Also, MS and PhD students must register once for CE 605 (MS) and CE 805 (PhD) in the semester in which you intend to graduate. For example if you intend to graduate in Fall 2022, you can present this Spring to fulfill the presentation requirement but will register for the in the Fall
- We request your assistance in being session moderators to ensure speakers keep on time, facilitate the Q&A, etc. Please email me if you would like to participate in this capacity and thank you in advance for your help.
- The keynote address will be given by Dr. Andrew Ziccarelli, a new faculty member in the SEM group.
Additional information will be forthcoming regarding the symposium schedule and presentation details.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 954 3847 7737
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,95438477737#,,,,*11235# US (New York)
+12678310333,,95438477737#,,,,*11235# US (Philadelphia)