The CFL has an established reputation for working with businesses and industries on a local, national, and international level. CFL faculty and staff can provide R&D, testing, and/or consulting services depending on your individual needs.
Several partnership opportunities are available depending on the nature of your project:
- Traditional Research Agreement
- Membership in the NSF I/UCRC Research Center: CICI
- Industrial Service Testing
For more information, or to discuss your specific project, please email: email@example.com. A faculty or staff member will contact you.
Supporting the CFL
The CFL is training future engineering leaders and developing tomorrow’s construction technology. In order to be successful and to remain a premier research and testing lab, the CFL must maintain state of the art equipment and facilities. We can’t do this alone, and often depend on financial, technical, and other support from businesses and individuals. Contact Lindsay Smith or visit the NCSU Engineering Foundation for more information about how to support this world-class facility.
Research and Testing Sponsors
- Alaska Department of Transportation
- Caltrans – California Department of Transportaion
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Highway Administration
- National Cooperative Highway Research
- Program (NCHRP)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT)
- North Carolina State University
- 3-TEX, Inc.
- AltusGroup, Inc.
- Clear Defense, Inc.
- Expanded Shale, Clay, and Slate Institute
- Freyssinet, Inc.
- Fyfe Company, LLC
- Georgia/Carolinas PCI
- Grancrete, Inc.
- Hardwire, Inc.
- IPS Corporation
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology
- MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Inc.
- Martin Marietta Composites
- Meadow-Burke, Inc.
- Metromont Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical FP of America, Inc.
- MMFX Technologies Corporation
- National Concrete Masonry Association
- Nippon Steel Materials Co., LTD
- NOVA Chemicals, Inc.
- Oldcastle Precast, Inc.
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- Prestress of the Carolinas, LLC
- S&G Prestress Company
- SAS Stressteel, Inc.
- Skyline Steel, Inc.
- Spirit Aerosystems, Inc.
- Stresscon Corporation
- Structural Preservation Systems, Inc.
- Standard Concrete Products, Inc.
- Superior Walls of America, Ltd.
- The Steel Network, Inc.
Research agreements are the most common way to sponsor activities at a University. These agreements allow you to utilize the full physical and intellectual capabilities of the university. First time research sponsors may qualify to use the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) document. Information on this document can be found on the college of engineering website. Use of this document allows for reduced overhead on projects less than $25,000.
Many companies are concerned with things such an confidentiality, intellectual property, etc. This page on the website of the NCSU Office of Legal Affairs will introduce you to some of NC State’s policies. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial Service Testing
Industrial Service Testing at CFL is any testing that takes place using the NC State Analysis and Testing Agreement. The Analysis and Testing Agreement is a standard contract that allows the CFL to perform standard tests on products or systems provided by industry. The key component of an analysis and testing agreement is that no analysis or interpretation is provided. This means that we can test a product according to a pre-established test method and provide results. Any analysis or interpretation would fall under the scope of a research agreement and cannot be performed as part of an Analysis and Testing Agreement.
The CFL can also perform many tests which are outside the lab’s current scope of accreditation. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about a specific test method or would like to request a quote.
Other sources of information include :
Faculty and staff at the CFL may undertake consulting activities provided that the activities do not create a conflict of interest with the university or compromise the intellectual property rights of the University. Consulting activities may include:
- Expert Witness
- Professional Training
- Failure Analysis
- Engineering Design
Contact an individual faculty or staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about these services.